Live On Pointe

Sunday, April 20, 2014

How to do a Ballet Bun

Hey everybody!  Happy Easter!  I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!


Some of my followers on Instagram have been contacting me to ask for tips on how to make the perfect, whispy-free bun for performances.  So, I donated my one bun-free day of the week to make and post a video showing you how to make sure your bun is flat, tight, and slick.  Here are 7 most important tips I always follow when making my bun:

Tip #1: Start off with wet/moist hair.
Tip #2: Use a fine-toothed comb to make your ponytail.  This minimizes bumps.
Tip #3: Comb back bumps (using your fine-toothed comb) while your hair is still in a ponytail, before you pin it up into a bun.  That way, the bumps wind up hidden under your bun.
Tip #4: Divide your hair into two sections, and pin them up individually.  This creates a flatter bun. (I show this in more detail in my video)
Tip #5: Use extra hairspray to slick up whispies under your bun, for the illusion of a longer, slimmer neck.
Tip #6: Use your spare time to practice and perfect the art of the ballet bun!
Tip #7: Accessories can always fix up a lopsided bun!  If your bun is off to one side, you can pin a bow or flower on the other side to balance it.

Did you know that long earrings can help give the illusion of a longer neck?  I always wear dangly earrings to class.  Be sure to check that your studio allows long earrings before doing the same!


Watch the video, leave me feedback in the comments, and be sure to subscribe!



Love,
Clarissa May


Find me on Social Media:
Youtube: Live On Pointe & Clarissa May
Instagram: @clarissamay
Facebook: Live On Pointe
Twitter: @clarissamay09


Questions or suggestions?  Email liveonpointe@gmail.com!

Click here to leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment to tell me how my story has effected you!